Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 June 2014

Celldweller – Soundtrack for Voices in my Head



I hate soundtracks and this one doesn’t change my opinion any. After his stunning debut at number one in last year’s festive fifty, I had high hopes for this offering from space rock pioneer, Celldweller. Sadly however, the whole thing falls flat on its face. It’s basically one song from the last album ‘Voices in my Head’ which is great, but I’d heard it before. And then loads and loads of chugging guitar based instrumentals.

It’s like listening to the soundtrack of some mildly engaging video game, but without actually playing the game! I’m guessing it’s a soundtrack for a mythical game that exists somewhere inside Celldweller’s head. It’s not offensive but it really doesn’t work for me.


Buy the song ‘Voices in my Head’ instead and you won’t be disappointed.



1 comment:

  1. It's always great when a review starts with 'I hate...' On the subjects of soundtracks, I've got the soundtrack for The Wicker Man recently and it's pretty folky. You may even like it. Or tolerate it, more likely.

    ReplyDelete