Pick of the Week 39 – Sarah Jaffe
Straight out of Denton, Texas comes whimsical folk songstress Sarah Jaffe. She looks lovely and sounds lovely and I bet she is lovely too. Her fashion sense looks great too and she could definitely come on a shopping trip to Primark with me and Evlkeith if she wants some really cheap but snazzy gear. Her voice ranges from husky murmuring, progressing up to full scale yodelling and this song is a well crafted gem that eats into your subconscious and bursts out when you least expect it, a bit like the scene in Alien but less messy. Heartily recommended!
- Denton is the capital of Denton County, Texas.
- Both were named after pioneer and handsome Texas militia captain John B. Denton – the Godfather of Denton.
- Denton is known for its active music life; the North Texas State Fair and Rodeo attracts cowboys from all over the US and the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival attracts over 300,000 people with pointy little beards to the city each year.
- Denton was the seventh-fastest growing city last year with a population over 100,000, as people flocked to this cultural and educational hub.
- The City experiences hot, humid summers with lots of wasps, but relatively few extreme weather events.